I’m still alive. Just working on a baby shower last week! We had Maple Bacon, Mini Strawberry Scones, Mini Quiche, Fruit Cups, Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake (recipe to follow), mini veggie/cheese bagel sandwiches and homemade donut holes.
Everything was GREAT. I loved the “mini” theme. :-)
Tips for Prepping food ahead of time:
1. Freeze unbaked scones. Bake from frozen the morning of the party. Generally, scones aren’t as good the next day.
2. Make the Donut Dough in the Bread Maker. Super fast and easy! Wow, it was super fast!
3. Freeze baked and cooled quiche. Thaw in the fridge overnight and warm the day of the party.
1 package of bacon
1/4 cup maple syrup – the real stuff (I used organic grade B maple syrup. It has more flavor than grade A.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prep a rimmed cookie sheet with foil (easier clean up). Then put your wire cooling rack on top. Lay out the bacon and bake 15-20 minutes.
3. Brush bacon with maple syrup and bake another 3-5 minutes.
**To prep ahead of time, I cut my bacon in half and rolled it on toothpicks. Those stayed in the fridge overnight. The next day I just put them on the rack in the oven. **
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten